Taste of Camp 2020
Join us for ‘K&E Taste of Camp 2020’! We are so happy to be able to welcome you and your family to our community and share our facilities, values and traditions this summer.
Group tours will begin promptly at 11:00am and conclude at 12:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We will have a capacity to bring 12 prospective families at a time to tour on a given Friday or Saturday. You only have the option of choosing a Friday or a Saturday tour date, not both.
At the end of your tour, families can choose to head home or they can choose to spend the rest of the day/evening with us. We will open some popular activities like tubing, arts and sports. We will also provide lunch and dinner as well as a campfire at night. If you would like the full experience, we’re offering prospective campers the opportunity to sleep in a cabin that they would normally sleep in as a K&E camper, along with their family members or friends. Breakfast will be provided the next morning!
This will help build their confidence heading into next summer and acclimate them to the overall sleep-away experience! We are offering this “Taste of Camp” tour experience free of charge. Spaces are limited and we are taking registrations on a first come, first served basis.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Please click HERE to register!
(This experience is only intended for families who do not have a child who has previously attended Kenwood or Evergreen. Thank you for your understanding)
Tours are available every weekend from July 24th until August 21st weekend. Tours will be available on Fridays & Saturdays only. If you are unable to make a weekend but would love to experience a tour, please email Matt@kenwood-evergreen.
Free! We are just excited to share camp with you!
If a family chooses to stay over they will be assigned to either Evergreen lodges or Kenwood Bunks depending on what camp they will be joining! Each bunk has:
- A private bathroom with shower
- Hand sanitizer
- Bunks will be deep cleaned prior to arrival, and provided with the necessary cleaning supplies to keep family cabins clean and sanitary.
- Bunks will be stocked with enough toilet paper, hand soap and paper towel to last for your stay.
- We will provide fresh sheets, towels, pillows and blankets. However, feel free to bring your own if you feel more comfortable doing so
- We will be providing everyone who attends a tour with Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast
- Most importantly for any overnight guests, there will be campfire S’mores!
- Snacks will be provided throughout the day
If a family chooses to stay with us after the tour concludes they will have several hours to enjoy some of our favorite activities: Motorboat Tubing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, canoeing, soccer, basketball, tennis, fitness center, nature walks, mountain biking, arts and crafts projects and a campfire. You can also choose to leave camp to hike a local mountain.
Not on the tour, but if the family chooses to stay with us after the tour concludes they will have several hours to enjoy some of our favorite activities!
Your safety is always paramount in everything that we do. Due to the low number of people who will be on-site each day, social distancing will be easy to maintain. Each family unit will be assigned their own cabin as well as spaces for dining. We encourage you to wear masks anytime you are indoors and anytime you are near (within six feet) of any person outside of your family unit. Otherwise masks will not be required outdoors. We will also be screening each family upon arrival. Each cabin will be deeply cleaned by a professional cleaning service before you arrive. We will provide sheets, blankets, pillows, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, paper towels and cleaning sprays for your stay. If you’d feel more comfortable bringing your own linens that is perfectly fine as well. You will be allowed to leave camp during your stay, but we encourage you to stay on-site and unwind in our serene setting.
We will email all registered families with an outline of what the day will look like and what we require at least two weeks before their scheduled tour date.
YES! of course:
The Kitchen – Andover
Naughty Nellie’s Ice cream – Andover
The Refinery – Andover
Pizza Chef – Andover and New London
Arctic Dreams Ice cream – New London
Peter Christian’s – New London
Tucker’s – New London
Dunkin Donut’s – New London
If you are concerned about staying in a hotel/B&B, please review the following information:
Both The Edgewood Inn as well as Highland Lake Inn are following the recommendations from the NH Governor’s Economic Reopening Taskforce with assistance from the New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association. The below precautions are being taken and being taken seriously. You can also find this information listed on their respective websites.
- Staff will be screened twice a day and wear PPE when servicing or delivering room service.
- All our cleaning chemicals are CDC approved as effective against the virus.
- We have hand sanitizer stations set up on all floors.
- We have limiting policies in common areas and the elevator.
- We have replaced coffee cups and glassware with single-use items in the rooms.
- HVAC is cleaned between each checkout and arrival. It is not a central system, so it brings air in directly from outside.
- Our linen service company has updated their standards as well to meet the new recommendations.
- Common touch areas like door handles are disinfected every 2 hours.
- Extra Hand Sanitizer
- We will provide all sports equipment. However, feel free to bring tennis rackets, cleats etc
- BYOB adult beverages / bottle opener
Yes, Matt, the Associate Director, will be available Monday-Thursday to have Zoom calls with families who are interested in camp but cannot make it to the property for a tour.
Wifi will be available at several locations on camp grounds, but not in individual cabins. We will also provide a quiet space for those who may have to work while at Camp.
Yes, we will be providing families who tour and enroll within 1 week from their tour date a discount.